Thursday, October 7, 2010

"Elisa flies up to the clouds and back down again with her brothers"

The Wild Swans is one of the most beautiful and almost tragic fairy tale I've ever read, about a fearsome girl who knits sweaters of nettles for her brothers. Please Please, find it and read it. Hans Christian Andersen Fairy Tales and Stories was one of the first books I can remember checking out at the school library. I can very clearly remember the feeling I got when I sat on a bench by myself during recess, obsessing over the illustrations and running to show my teachers that I could read the big words like "immortal" and "considerable" and "lavished". I just spent an hour reading and looking at pictures again and felt the need to share. 


"Elisa flies up to the clouds and back down again with her brothers"

Also, and these are not completely but mostly unrelated, We've watched bits and pieces of this film and it's really cool. Maybe you'll think so too.


Er.. and now I need to get off of the internet and go make something. It's been invading my every spare minute I can't stop!  until next time friends.
-dig

No comments:

Post a Comment