Sunday, November 1, 2009

wailing and nailing

As I am typing right now, I cannot feel the keys beneath my finger tips. This is because there is such a think layer of wood glue all over my hands that I cannot seem to get off! At least I have alittle something to show for it though. Here are some of the things I have worked on this week..


Right now I am working with wood panels, wood blocks, and thin aluminum sheets to create little cityscapes. This peice is more on the sculptural/decorative side. And of course this is the very beginning stages, so I will have more pictures up of the progress soon.



I cut all these with a hand saw and miter box. In fact, the only electrical tools I've used is a sander and a nail gun.


Epic failure. Me and this nail gun kinda got into a fight. Pressing on!



More book ends..still trying to figure these guys out.



This week I will be able to fire all of my ceramics and glaze them, stain and paint my wood buildings, and put up more pictures of the actual finished products. So watch out!

In other news..I thoroughly enjoyed the two pre-Halloween parties my husband and I attended as an owl and a fox, although we were too tired to actually do anything on Halloween night. Which means I didn't get a chance to show off my second costume...I guess Andrew W. K. will have to wait for next year. Either way, I'm so glad it's November.
-dig

No comments:

Post a Comment